ADHESION MS55 is a one-part, high modulus, Silyl-Terminated Polymer elastic adhesive. Once extruded it cures by reaction to the atmospheric moisture to form a high performance, permanently flexible elastic adhesive.
Surfaces must be clean, dry, free of water, oil, grease or rust and of sound quality. Remove all loose particles or residues with a jet of compressed air, sandpaper or hard brush. Glass, metal and other non-porous surfaces must be free of any coatings and wiped clean with solvent. Pre-cast panels using form-release agents other than polyethylene film must be sandblasted or mechanically abraded and dust free. Pre-test substrates for adhesion. Cleaners and/or primers may be required to achieve optimal adhesion. As a rule, the substrates must be prepared in accordance with the instructions; technical guidance regarding adhesion on specific surfaces may be obtained by submitting substrate samples for analysis to our Laboratories. ADHESION MS55 may be over-painted, however due to the large number of paints and varnishes available we strongly suggest a compatibility test before application. The drying time of alkyd resin based paint may increase.
Cleaning of equipment:
Clean tools with acetone or alcohol immediately after use. Cured material can only be removed mechanically.
Personal protective measures:
Keep out of reach of children. If skin contact occurs, remove immediately and wash with soap and water.
ADHESION MS55 can be stored for 12 months in its original packing (unopened container) at 5°- 25°C in a cool, dry place. The storage temperature should not exceed 25°C for extended periods of time. Keep away from wet areas, direct sunlight and heat sources.
PE-cartridge 290ml - 12 cartridges per box
Alu- bags 600 ml -20 bags per box
ALWAYS CONSULT THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET BEFORE USING THE PRODUCT.
- Certificate of state registration № BY.70.71.01.008.E.000581.07.15 from 16.07.2015.
- Technical certificate suitability of materials and products for use in construction TC 05.13.60.16 from 02.09.2016
- Certified by the EN 1186, EN 13130 and CEN / TS 14234 (Plastic materials in contact with foodstuff).
- Conforms to ISO 11600/F/25 HM (Building Construction sealants: classification and reguirements), DIN 18540, ASTM 920.
ADHESION MS55 is a powerful and versatile adhesive sealant for all jobs involving sealing & bonding regarding a wide range of materials including metals, sheet steel (galvanised, plated and painted), untreated or anodised aluminium, brass, copper, glass, GRP, wood, concrete and many rigid plastics.
For use in elastic, structural bonding applications in industrial (assembling of insulated panels; vibration-proof bonding and sealing on components made of steel, aluminium, wood, GRP and other plastics materials and painted surfaces), automotive, transportation (coach, caravan, refrigerated vehicles, containers) and marine, where a tough flexible rubber joint or powerful elastic adhesive is required.
• Environmental friendly – Free of isocyanates and solvents
• No Hazard symbol required
• Permanently flexible in temperatures ranging from -40°C to 100°C short time resistance up to 120°C
• No change in volume – No shrinkage
• No bubble formation
• Primer-less adhesion on almost every substrate
• Non-sag consistency - Exceptional thixotropy – load bearing capacity
• High mechanical/dynamic stress resistance – shock/impact resistant
• Neutral behaviour, does not attack support surfaces
• Increase torsional stiffness of final assembly
• Vibration and sound damping properties
• Excellent weathering resistance - good colour stability and UV resistance
• Over-paintable wet on wet with many water or solvent based paints (preliminary tests recommended)
• Resistant to water, diluite alkalis, cleasing agents, lime water and mould.
Appearance -Thixotropic paste
Colour: White, Grey, Black
Chemical nature - Silyl Terminated Polymer
Curing Mechanism - Moisture-curing
Curing through volume (after 1 day at 23°C and 50% r.h.) [mm] 3,0-3,5
Shore A hardness [N/mm2] 50-55
Density [g/cc] Grey RAL 7047 1,65±0,02, transparent 1,06±0,02
Tack-free time (23°C and 50% r.h.)[min] 10-25
Elastic modulus at 100% (ISO 37 DIN 53504)[N/mm2] > 1,7
Tensile strength (ISO 37 DIN 53504)[N/mm2] > 2,8
Elongation (ISO 37 DIN 53504)[%] ≥ 280
Application temperature [°C] from +5 to +40
Temperature Resistance [°C] -40/+100, with brief points at +120